After months of beta testing, the Android 13 update is finally rolling out.
Android 13 has been out for a few months now, and it seems to be coming faster than ever to non-Pixel devices. On the heels of Samsung is updating a bunch of devices in the latest iteration of Android, OnePlus is the next OEM to have new software ready to go for its 2020 lineup. After a few betas, the stable version of OxygenOS 13 is ready to go for the OnePlus 8, 8 Pro and 8T. Besides Series 8, OnePlus 9R, 9RT and 10R also got Android 13 update through stable channel.
Although the company has yet to post any official release notes (apart from the 9RT) on its forums, several users have reported receiving the update as an OTA on their phones. Stable OxygenOS 13 update for OnePlus 8 series is up for grabs as a software release F.13. Despite the fact that the OnePlus 9R is nothing but a revamped edition of the 8T, its update is labeled as F 16. For the OnePlus 9RT and 10R, the stable release version numbers are F.11 and C.14respectively.
At around 5GB in size, this is quite a significant update. Given that Android 13 brings some pretty substantial new features along with the visual and performance tweaks of OxygenOS 13, that’s really to be expected. The release also brings the October 2022 Android security patches for these devices.
You can check out the full changelog below:
- Aquamorphic design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for improved visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them look natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with a shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a world clock widget on the home screen to show time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and cleaner visual experience.
- Applies real physical movements to animations to make them more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes widget design to make information easier and faster to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons using the latest color scheme to make icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and enhances feature illustrations by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to improve the meeting login and note-taking experience, and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the home screen. You can now open an app in an expanded folder with a single click and turn folder pages with a swipe.
- Adds a new always-on display type that shows live information about music, carpooling, and food delivery (only supports certain apps).
- Adds media playback control and optimizes the quick settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the home screen, which makes the display of information more personalized.
- Adds the sidebar toolbox. You can open a floating window in apps for smooth operation.
- Updates Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on charts to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes the shelf. Swiping down on the home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search for content online and on your device.
- Seamless interconnection
- Optimizes file transfer between devices, with more file formats and device models supported.
- Optimizes Screencast, with broadcast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Optimizes headphone connectivity to deliver a smoother experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to provide more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes the Insight Always-On display, with more custom Always-On display settings available.
- Optimizes the always-on display of Portrait Silhouette, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- Security and Privacy
- Adds auto pixelation feature for chat screenshots The system can automatically identify and pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes the Private Vault. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files to enhance private file security.
- Digital Health & Wellbeing
- Add a child space. When you’re in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids Mode to create a kid-friendly space.
- Add eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Performance optimization
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve system speed, stability, battery life and application experience
- gaming experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize frame rate and balance performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
As with all OnePlus updates, the stable version of OxygenOS 13 for these phones will be rolling out to users in stages. It will initially only reach a handful of users and after OnePlus confirms that it is stable enough for a wider rollout, it should reach all users.
Download: OxygenOS 13 stable for OnePlus 8, 9R, 9RT and 10R series
You can either wait for your device to be picked up during the staged deployment, or you can manually download the update by yourself after downloading the appropriate OTA package for your model from the index below.
- OnePlus 8
- India (IN2011_11_E.13)
- Global (IN2015_11_E.13)
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- India (IN2021_11_E.13)
- Global (IN2025_11_F.13)
- OnePlus 8T
- India (KB2001_11_E.13)
- Global (KB2005_11_E.13)
- OnePlus 9R
- OnePlus 9RT
- OnePlus 10R