After a season that saw Rick and Morty, Black Adam, and a few Gremlins join the roster, MultiVersus Season 2 begins today with Marvin the Martian news and a new Game of Thrones-based stage coming in the next few months. month.
Marvin the Martian will be equipped with his trusty Illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator, as well as a blaster pistol and the ability to summon starships. The Game of Thrones scene, meanwhile, will feature Westeros-themed dangers as well as the Iron Throne itself. Release dates for Marvin and the GoT Stage will be announced “at a later date”.
Season 2 of MultiVersus will also feature a new and improved battle pass which, unlike Season 1, will offer rewards at each level for the free and premium path. New skins available in the Battle Pass include a Sherlock Holmes-themed variant for Tom and Jerry, a conductor costume for Bugs, and astronaut Velma in a spacesuit.
The in-game store will also open with the start of Season 2, which features new Samurai Batman, Evil Morty, and Fern Finn skins for purchase with the in-game currency Gleamium. All of the major changes coming with Season 2 can be found in the patch notes below.
MultiVersus is now available for free on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PC.
MultiVersus Season 2 Patch Notes
Season 2 begins
Season 2 begins with a new Battle Pass filled with content. We heard your feedback and made sure there were no levels without rewards. We’ve also adjusted the number of points required to complete each level so that the Battle Pass is both engaging and rewarding.
You can now equip up to 3 badges and show them to the MultiVerse!
The shop is open
Check out the new MultiVersus in-game store! All cosmetics and characters are all in one place now! Sail away!
Acceleration of multi-path traffic
We have implemented network traffic optimizations and multi-path traffic acceleration. This is just the beginning and we are seeing promising results, but we will continue to improve our online experience for everyone!
- Scooby’s Mansion (roofless)
- Increased blastbox size by 10%.
- The ringtones were coming a little too fast on the map, so we increased the size slightly.
- Increased blastbox size by 10%.
- space jam
- We now count the score of the baskets made!
- Scoring a basket now awards points based on distance thrown. Try some tricky 3 pointers!
- Basket scores will now be shown on the big screen!
- If you attack a player holding a basketball item, that player will drop the item. Try to fight for control of The Court!
- Courtyard walls can no longer be attacked and will only break when a player bounces.
- Space Jam is still only available in Custom Matches or in the Lab.
- Any feedback would be appreciated as we continue to refine a version of the map for the queue!
- The introductory tutorial has been simplified, removing a number of steps
- VO clips have been added to the intro tutorial.
- Players now have the option to enter arcade mode or their first game after completing the intro tutorial.
- Jump into Silly Queue to try out our BIG new ideas!
- Our new game type is big head mode! Characters will have big heads and even greater cooldown reductions! Use your newfound knowledge to achieve victory!
- New items
- Bounce Pad: Place a spring-loaded pad that will launch anyone stepping on it upwards
- Proximity Mine: A placeable mine that explodes when enemies get close
- Drumstick: Cooked chicken leg that when thrown will turn enemies hit into chickens for a short time
- Evil Morty (Unlockable with 1500 Gleamium)
- Samurai Batman (Unlockable with 2000 Gleamium)
- Fern (Unlockable with 2000 Gleamium)
- Uncle Shagworthy (Unlockable with 2000 Gleamium)
- Baker Street Tom and Jerry (unlockable at level 50 of the Free Battle Pass)
- Astronaut Velma (unlockable at Tier 1 of Premium Battle Pass)
- Tea Time Reindog (unlockable at level 42 of the Premium Battle Pass)
- Maestro Bugs Bunny (Unlockable at level 50 of the Premium Battle Pass)
General benefits and bug fixes
- Bug: Fixed an issue that caused jumps to be rejected by the server when attaching to a wall.
- School Me Once – Projectile block buff duration reduced to 1 second from 2 seconds
- Cumulative duration reduced to 2 seconds from 4 seconds
- Block buff is no longer consumed by light projectile attacks
- Ice to fight you! – Ice stacks are now only applied by heavy projectiles
/ Fixed a bug
- – Signature Perk – Betrayal perk enrages allies/Arya, but they will be 3x weakened on low hit from 5x.
- We found that the debuff influenced the gameplay of Arya and her opponents too much on a higher level.
- / Glide – Hurtbox z-axis glitch causing attacks to unintentionally miss Batman, as he glides.
- / Grounded Down Attack – Delayed branching into dodge and jump on hit to prevent endless chaining on itself.
- / Downward Air Special – Removed this move’s ability to return to itself to avoid endless chaining.
- – Signature Perk – Stacks weakened by Bouncerang applied reduced to 3 from 5.
- The level of power this gave for very little effort made this advantage unfair to Batman’s opponents, so we’ve reduced it a bit.
- + Aerial Side Attack – Able to cancel into wall slide 5 frames earlier
- /General – Fixed an issue where the Electric Tether hitbox would persist after the visuals disappeared.
- – Grounded Side Attack – Much smaller hitboxes for all 3 jabs to better match the visuals.
- – Grounded Neutral Attack – Removed hitbox on Black Adam’s arms
- + Grounded/Aerial Up Special – Takeoff triggers 3 frames earlier
- + Grounded/Aerial Side Special – Slightly increased projectile acceleration and stun.
- + Grounded Up Attack – Armor added to startup
- +Neutral Air Attack – Jump Branch Earlier
- We wanted to reintroduce some combo paths back to Bugs Bunny, while avoiding its infinite loop. We hope this change will do that.
- – Weight – Weight reduced from 55 to 49
- – Neutral Air Attack – Active hit frames start 2 frames later
- ~ Armored Buns – Block buff is no longer consumed by light projectile attacks
- / Fixed a bug that caused his arm safe boxes to stay on during attacks when they weren’t meant to.
- – Grounded Up Attack – Added ammo to popcorn; 3 ammo returns 1 every 10 seconds
- This was added to prevent a strategy that rewarded very passive gameplay in singles.
- +Neutral Ground/Air Attack – Arrow through popcorn increased damage from 8 to 10, recoil scale changed from 12 to 13, base recoil changed from 1250 to 1350.
- / Fixed issues where the arrow was being destroyed when it shouldn’t be.
- + Weight – Weight increased to 48 from 44
- ~ Grounded/Aerial Neutral Special – Bat Bomb hitbox now better accounts for z-axis and hits more reliably.
- ~ Grounded Side Attack – Jump and dodge cancel window for jab 1 and jab 2 now comes later.
- ~ Grounded Side Attack – Recoil angle on jab 2 pushed further to prevent an infinite looping combo
- ~ Grounded Side Attack – Can cancel other attacks 1 frame earlier on hit.
- We are testing these changes to remove an infinite combo. We understand this removes some combo lanes from Harley, but felt it was unhealthy for the game and the opponents facing it. We will continue to evaluate Harley’s power level after this change and welcome any feedback on these changes.
- ~ Neutral Special – Adjusted wall bounce angle to be higher when spitting opponents into vertical walls
- This has been changed to prevent a Knockback-influence (KBI) skill check that could instantly stun players even with low damage.
- / Special No-Basketball Down – Defense now correctly blocks (and steals!) other LeBron basketballs.
- ~ Grounded Neutral Attack – Jab 3 hitbox size reduced by 15% to better match and visually align with Hammer Morty’s size.
- / Fixed an issue where the portal would kill Rick while in the grace zone
- / Fixed a bug where Rick could use a ground attack while on cooldown
- / Neutral Attack – Fixed inconsistencies in projectile priority for uncharged laser
- / Aerial Side Attack – Allows a momentum movement on the ground even when loading the knee. This should allow the movement to continue and not stop for a better feeling.
- / Fixed an issue where Steven or his allies would get hit twice while under the effect of Steven’s neutral dodge shield
- / Grounded Down Special – Watermelon Seed Bullet Box shrunk to better match the visuals.
- – Weight – Weight reduced to 46 from 52.
- / Implemented fixes for teleporting Stripes with a chainsaw.
Tom and Jerry
- ~ Aerial Up Special – The kicked rocket explosion hitbox now takes better account of the z-axis.
- ~ Aerial Up Special – Rocket launched without Jerry attached is now correctly classified as a projectile.
- / Fixed several issues where Velma’s bubbles were being destroyed when they shouldn’t be.
- ~ Air/Ground Neutral Special – Megaphone is now classified as a projectile. The first hits are light projectile hits, the final hit counts as a normal projectile hit.
- Megaphone now applies projectile perks
- Megaphone is more reliably blocked by other projectiles and projectile blocking effects
- Megaphone will ignore invulnerable fighters, including those with a projectile bypass buff
- -Aerial Up Attack – Has 2 less active frames at the start of the hit frame.
- – Grounded Side Special – Added 12 second cooldown
- Velma’s Side Special is commonly used as a quick “pitstop” tool that serves to provide her allies with constant gray health and armor when engaging enemy teams. Providing Velma’s Side Special with a cooldown allows us to provide a gate so that Velma players aren’t able to consistently “micro-arm” their allies (and themselves). This adjustment to Velma’s special side will ideally allow Velma players and their allies to strategize more thoughtfully around this move.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you purchase something featured on our site.