blade of darknessfirst launched on PC on February 21, 2001, is now available for To change Going through Nintendo Online Store through the editor QubicGames. Although it is regularly priced at $14.99, it is currently available at an introductory price of $8.99.
Here’s a preview of the game, via QubicGames:
A new and sinister threat looms over the Middle Kingdoms. The borders protected by the fierce Knights of the King are no longer secure. The fearsome orc clans, more numerous than ever, prowl all the roads. The proud nomadic people of the steppes are on the lookout, for strange beasts lurk in the darkness. Not even the sturdy dwarves, hidden in their subterranean palaces, seem safe from the threat – from the unknown tunnels of its mines, a filthy army of hideous creatures advances inexorably.
Chaos grips the world. Only the memory of the oldest recalls the exploits of a hero and a few warriors, who in other times fought against the forces of Chaos. Ianna, the mother of all living things, gave the hero a mighty sword to enter the abyss and defeat evil. But it happened a long time ago. A new hero is needed, a chosen one worthy to wield the sword and destroy the enemy…this time forever.
- Four playable characters – Choose your Ianna Champion—Tukaram, the Barbarian; Naglfar, the Dwarf; Sargon, the knight; or Zoe, the Amazon, each with unique strengths, weaknesses and combat skills, as you fight your way through a bloody quest to save the world from the forces of Chaos.
- Bloody bloody fight – Learn devastating combo attacks and use them to rip your opponents to pieces. Sever your enemies’ limbs, then use them as weapons!
- A detailed and dark fantasy world – Fight orcs, trolls, golems, demons, skeletons and dozens of malevolent enemy creatures as you explore treacherous tombs, frozen fortresses, demon spiers, deserts, temples and palaces.
- Interactive environments – Destroy game objects with fire or your fists by solving puzzles and disarming traps that combine physics, hydraulics and deadly traps!
- Re-release of a true genre-defining game – We are happy to bring blade of darkness back to life, a timeless classic that upon its release inspired many games in the stock–adventure genre through his approach to combat.
Watch the Switch launch trailer below.